The How's and Why's of Dreamwork
Exploring working with dreams
through the craft and technique
of Embodied Dreamwork
Why do we work with dreams? What is the heart of exploring dream consciousness and why does it matter? And if it matters, which it does, what are the how’s of bringing the consciousness of dreams into the consciousness of a dreamer and their world?
In this seminar, we will explore both the “how’s” and the “why’s” of Embodied Dreamwork – as well as ways to bring dreams and dream consciousness into the world.
This seminar is for you if you are interested in exploring:
- Learning, for yourself, how working with dreams in this way works;
- Becoming a dream activist through doing presentations, seminars or dream groups about dreamwork;
- Beginning the process of learning how to become a dreamwork practitioner working with others one-on-one;
- Beginning the process of learning how to become a group facilitator for dreamwork retreats.
This seminar is for you, too, if:
- You already work with dreams and want to explore back-to-the-basics techniques with the context of your experience of working with dreams.
- You work with another mode of dreamwork and want to explore the groundwork of Embodied Dreamwork.
- You work with groups and would like to incorporate working with dreams with your groups.
The “How” of Embodied Dreamwork:
To explore the “how’s” of Embodied Dreamwork is to explore the tools that crack open the dream in relationship with a dreamer. All the “hows” are rooted in the intention to discover the many-layered gift of the dream for the dreamer – with the assumption that every dreamer is unique.
What I mean by the “how’s” of working with dreams are the techniques, crafts, possibilities of working with or presenting dreams – and why we use these techniques, crafts and creative possibilities.
In the process of the “how’s”, we will delve into the why’s, not just of the techniques but also of why we are, ourselves, drawn to working with dreams. And in exploring the “why” as it applies to us and our own personal work, we can discover the “how’s” as expressed in/through each of us. For part of the discovery is to explore our own personal way(s)/art of manifesting the techniques.
So, specifically, we will explore the why and the how of:
- Holding space for another;
- Holding space for another while holding our own space;
- Exploring what it means to hold the consciousness of the dream;
- Basic techniques of Embodied Dreamwork such as the art of Associative work, varying versions of Gestalt, Experiential work, Embodied exploration;
- Basic practices of working with memory, trauma work, trauma reaction, projection/reaction, alchemical and becoming experiences;
- Basic practices of “holding things lightly” when working with others and ourselves.
The How of the Seminar:
In the seminar we will have class discussion, opportunity for practical practice, outside simple “homework” and creative exercises.
TUITION RATES, $75/Month or Pay Upfront and Get 1 Month Free
Try it for a Month Just $15
Choose Monthly Plan then Enter Coupon Code “firstmonth15” on Cart Page
9 Certificate of Study Hours per Trimester
For information about other classes, see the links below on our Students of the Dream Website.
This class is for those who are interested in learning the art and craft of this practice in order to work with others or for their own understanding.
We have found that the group process can be profound and powerful and deeply supportive. The heart and intention of our online Dreamer’s Gathering is to create a community and a safe environment in which to explore the realm of our dreams together. We offer a container for that exploration as well as guidance with the dreams with the intention of supporting the dreamer’s inner work.
Certificate of Study Programs
We have several levels of Certificate of Study programs available for those who are interested in learning the foundational elements of