An Etymology of Dreaming
On this site [and in my bi-weekly newsletter for subscribers and monthly newsletter for free subscribers] I explore the [protean] nature of dreaming and the legacy of dream interpretation/theory that illuminate and cloud how we see dreams. In other words, the stories about dreaming themselves.
I also explore what dreaming can mean through many lenses – through dreams, creativity, story, history, mythology, fairytales.
I ask questions and more questions – hard, provocative, surpising questions. The same way dreams evoke hard, provocative, surprising and necessary questions. It is a work unfolding. Some of this will make its way into a book I am working on about dreaming – a mix of legacy [dream and personal], story, possibility, questions. You are invited to come along, be a supporter, be a dreamer with me.
Sample of ongoing
- Against Racism in the History of Dream Theory
- Breaking Silence
- Dreaming with Dante – Where we walk through Commedia, Canto by Canto, with the lens of dreaming.
- Dreams and Creativity
- Dreaming and Working with Trauma
- Exploring the Difficult History of Dreaming
- Story, Myth, Fable, Fairytale in Dreaming